Friday, January 6, 2017

Where We Are

My hope for this year is to write one blog post per week. I enjoy writing and I miss having a purpose to do so. I've been having trouble deciding how to start out this year of blog posts. I was considering writing a year in review of 2016, and then realized I hardly remember anything that happened before May. Harrison was born on May 3rd, and life was forever changed, in the best way.
2016 was the year of Harrison. 2017 will be too. Taking care of him has been so easy. Truly, I mean it. He is very laid back and takes whatever comes, happily. At eight months in, I've yet to experience the sleep deprivation I was expecting (thanks due in large part to bed-sharing, I'm sure another post will be devoted to that). He nurses like a champ and we have been able to have the nursing relationship I had hoped for during pregnancy. Easy, easy baby. BUT, what of the changes in life that happen when you introduce a brand new baby into it? Not so easy. Hard, actually, with some moments that seem near impossible.
This new year has truthfully already been a bit rough. A brand new year does not stop the uncertainties of the previous year, and so many of our little family's uncertainties came to a head this week. We're wading through decision-making, job-searching, working second jobs (Jeremy), looking to replace our car, trying to ward off sickness (and failing), a hospital visit for Harrison (everything is fine now), and our normal day-to-day events on top of it all. That is simply life, and none of it gets erased on January 1st. This year, we will champion the hard days along with the easy days, and we will find the good in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment